Sectors : Homes / Learning
Client : Oaklands College
The student accommodation at Oaklands College has been named the ‘Homestead’ and is a safe haven for students residing on the College Campus. Envisaged as a collection of farm buildings around a communal ‘farmhouse’ the Homestead gives the residents a place to call their own distinct yet adjacent to the main college buildings.
The accommodation includes the following:
- Three wings to accommodate approximately 80No. student rooms,
- A combination of two and three storeys buildings,
- Student social hub and main entrance space central to the scheme,
- Warders accommodation located within each wing and at each level for passive control,
- Disabled accessible rooms,
- Expansion easily accommodated off central hub space in a northerly direction,
- Lawn area provides landscape space framing woodland setting.